North Zone awards to be awarded annually are: Athlete Award, Coach Award, Contributor Award and the Marian Kretschmer Memorial Award (13-15 Age Group Invitational High Point Award. The due date for entries for the Zone awards shall be February 1. Any USAAS North Zone member may submit a nomination for any category. The nominator should list background, credentials & reason for nomination of candidate(s). The awards will be presented at the Senior Zone Meet.
- 5 years or older and a current member of USAAS.
- Attitudes and actions that represent a good role model for all athletes.
- Motivated to work in a positive way towards their individual goals and the goals of their teammates and the sport.
- Leadership in synchro and the community.
- Service to synchro and the community.
- Academics, including GPA, special awards & achievements, special programs.
- Currently active as a coach and a current member of USAAS.
- Has swimmers eligible for Zone, National Age Group or higher competition.
- Contributes to the development of synchro in general sharing information, expertise and knowledge.
- Respect for and abide by the Code of Conduct.
- Interest in all athletes’ total personal development.
- Minimum of 10 years coaching, five in the North Zone.
- Current USAAS membership
- Been involved with synchro at least 15 years.
- Interest in what is best for the sport both in the Zone & nationwide.
- Tirelessly giving time, support, friendship, care, love and development.
- Personal habits that demonstrate a good role model.
- Ability to work in a group without personal thought of gain.
- Beginning to/or working on the National level.